Invisalign Clear Braces in Independence, MO
Are you avoiding orthodontic treatment because you are hesitant to mar your smile with traditional braces? There’s good news for busy adults and image-conscious teens. Straight, beautiful teeth can be achieved without metal brackets and wires! Dr. David Schaefer provides clear braces with Invisalign in Independence, MO. Wondering how Invisalign works? And how do clear braces compare to metal braces, anyway? Learn more about the subtle orthodontic solution today.
What Is Invisalign? How Does It Work?
Invisalign is an FDA-approved orthodontic treatment that has helped patients worldwide achieve straighter teeth and a more confident smile. It uses a series of clear, plastic aligners to gradually reposition crooked teeth. And unlike traditional braces, the Invisalign treatment is subtle and removable.
Invisalign corrects the most common orthodontic issues. These include…
- Closing gaps between teeth
- Evening out crowded teeth
- Correcting malocclusions: overbite, underbite, and crossbite
Comparing Invisalign and Traditional Braces
While the results achieved with Invisalign and metal braces are the same, your experience during the Invisalign treatment is quite different. Some of the key differences between clear Invisalign and metal braces include…
- Invisalign’s removable aligners prevent the barriers to brushing and flossing created by traditional brackets and wires
- Continue to eat what you like without fear of a broken wire or bracket -- just discreetly remove your aligners before meals and snacks
- Present at big meetings or mingle with friends and colleagues without the worry you have something stuck between your braces
- Fewer visits to the dentist are required throughout the Invisalign treatment, and the need for emergency attention for broken hardware is eliminated
- The Invisalign treatment is usually completed faster than traditional braces, so you spend less time worrying about your smile (and more time enjoying it)
Getting Started With Invisalign
Before beginning your Invisalign treatment, you will have an initial dental cleaning and exam with Dr. Schaefer. Successful orthodontics require healthy teeth and gums. If tooth decay or gum disease are present during this initial appointment, restorative treatment and/or periodontal therapy will be performed before or alongside Invisalign.
Dr. Schaefer will take photos and x-rays of your teeth for the creation of your unique aligners. This information is then sent to the Invisalign lab, where your series of trays will be manufactured and shipped directly to you. Once you receive your Invisalign system, you can begin treatment immediately. Wear the aligners every day for 20 to 22 hours, removing them before each meal and snack and to brush and floss. Every two weeks you will advance to the next set of aligners the series. Visit your dentist as recommended, about every six weeks. In just one year on average, your treatment is complete -- and you’re smiling more confidently than ever before.
Contact Schaefer Dental Today
Are you interested in improving the alignment of your teeth without sacrificing the appearance of your smile in the meantime? If so, we know you’ll love Invisalign. Contact Schaefer Dental and schedule an appointment to discuss your eligibility for clear braces! We warmly welcome patients from Independence, MO and all surrounding areas.